Succinct Summations for the week ending April 16th, 2021
1. 200 million vaccinations or ~40% of Americans have been given in the U.S. as global total shots approach one billion.
2. Retail sales rose 9.8% m/o/m, above expectations.
3. CPI rose 0.6% m/o/m, above the previous increase.
4. Jobless claims fell 193k w/o/w from 769k to 576k.
5. Housing Market Index is at 83 for April, above previous 82.
6. Housing starts came in at an annual rate of 1.739M for March, above expectations;
7. Import prices rose 1.2% and export prices rose 2.1% m/o/m, beating expectations.
1. The worst-performing quartile of states has 31% unused doses; 40% of people identifying as Republican state a refusal to be vaccinated.
2. Home mortgage apps fell 1.0% w/o/w after the previous decrease of 5.0%.
3. Consumer sentiment is at 86.5 for April, below expectations.
4. Philly Fed Mfg Index is at 50.2 for April, below expectations.
5. Industrial production rose 1.4% m/o/m, below expectations.
Nasdaq Narrows Gap with S&P500 But Still Lags YTD