With the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, you start earning in the first three months. Spend $4,000 during that time and earn $1000 that you can put toward travel booked through Chase Ultimate Rewards.
With one point for each dollar spent, you can benefit from this card, but with the annual fee and no introductory reduced APR, this card is best for those who regularly travel or dine out.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card key facts
- Introductory offer: Make $4,000 in purchases during your first three months and earn 80,000 points.
- Double points on travel and dining: Earn 2x points on flights, hotels, dining out, and more.
- Unlimited one point per dollar spent: You’ll get one point for each dollar spent, regardless of category.
- Extra 25% in value: Redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards and get 25% more for your points.
- APR: 15.99%-22.99% Variable.
- Annual fee: $95.
- Bonus points for referrals: Refer friends and earn up to 75,000 points per year.
- 1:1 point transfers: Transfer your points from popular travel rewards programs and earn 1:1 credit.
- Free travel benefits: While traveling, you get free benefits like trip cancelation insurance and emergency assistance.
- No foreign transaction fees: While traveling internationally, you’ll pay no foreign transaction fees.
How much can I earn in rewards?
With the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, you earn one point for every dollar you spend. This is in addition to double points on travel and dining purchases and introductory rewards that can give you up to $1000 in travel rewards.
The table below assumes you spend $2,000 a month and spend $4,000 in the first three months to get the full introductory points balance.
|Year one earning||Earnings after subsequent years|
|Bonus earnings||2x points in travel and dining categories||2x points in travel and dining categories|
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card offers one point for every dollar you spend. In addition to the above savings, you’ll earn double points for every dollar you spend in dining and travel. It can be a great deal if you travel and dine out frequently.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is a great card for jet setters since you’ll earn double points on all dining and travel spending. That means the cup of coffee you buy at the local cafe will earn you 2x rewards, as will your anniversary dinner at the nicest restaurant in town.
In addition to all of the above-mentioned benefits, you’ll also get a full year of discounts on delivery and service fees with DoorDash. Jet setters will also benefit from triple points on every dollar you spend on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s in addition to the double points you get when you book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards, for a total of 5x points on the Lyft rides you take.
If you don’t spend much on travel and dining, you may find that you can get better rewards without the $95 annual fee elsewhere. But for travelers, the perks can more than make up for the extra cost.
With the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, you earn one point for every dollar you spend. But the real value comes in the bonus rewards, which mostly apply to dining out and traveling. You also get benefits like waived transaction fees while traveling internationally, which can help you save as much as $150 for every $5,000 you spend.
If you do opt for this card, be aware that there’s a $95 annual fee. Other cards also give you a 0% introductory APR, which you don’t get with this card. When you crunch the numbers, though, if you travel or dine in restaurants on a regular basis, this card can pay back much more than you’d get with other cards.